Elementor is #1 drag & drop website builder for WordPress. We called it a WordPress website builder, not a page builder. Why? Because you can build just not only pages, you can build header, footer and even popups using Elementor. In simple, you can build the whole website using Elemntor. There is both free and paid version in Elementor. First, we differentiate free version and pro version. Then we are going to in-depth review about pro version.
Elementor works with most WordPress themes, but it works better with themes like Astra, OceanWP.
Difference between Elementor Free & Pro Version
You can download the Elementor free version from WordPress official plugin directory. There are 2+ million active installations with almost 5/5 star rating. There are pre-designed templates and blocks available for you in even free version.
|Feature||Free Version||Pro Version|
|Drag & Drop Page Builder||Yes||Yes|
|30 Basic Widgets||Yes||Yes|
|50+ Advanced Widgets||No||Yes|
|Custom Fields Capabilities||No||Yes|
Elementor Page Builder Review
This is a very good tutorial video to understand how Elementor works and how simple things are done with Elementor. If you have never worked with Elementor watch following video.
Elementor Pro Review
I am going to explain many Elementor pro features one by one in this section.
50+ Pro Widgets
There are 50 more widgets comes with Elementor pro.
300+ Pro Templates
There are a lot of templates comes with Elementor. So if you use pre-built templates it doesn’t take even an hour to build a website.
- All Elementor Pro Templates
- Envato Elementor Templates (3rd party)
- Launch Party Elementor Templates (3rd party)
Unlike other WordPress drag and drop builders, Elementor can build header and footer also. That’s why I called Elementor is a website builder, not just a drag and drop page builder.
Yes, you read it correctly. You can build WooCommerce pages also using Elementor. Currently, you can build product page and product archive pages using Elementor and they will add cart editing and checkout editing pages in future too.
Now you don’t need another WordPress plugin to build popups. You can build popup using Elementor plugin itself. You can use popups for login forms, to collect email subscriptions, sale banners, announcements, related products & upsells, etc.
Disadvantages of Elementor
It is very normal that any product having disadvantages and it is common for Elementor. But Elementor is a perfect product and I can find only two disadvantage of Elementor.
- Support: It seems like their support team isn’t enough for replying all their customers. I have received replies for all our support tickets, but it takes considerable time. So it is hard to expect a reply from within an hour or a few hours. They have an official facebook community. That is a very active Facebook group, so you can get slove most of your questions easily from that group instead of submitting a support ticket.
- Performance: You may have to face difficulties if you use very low cost shared hosting company. They recommend 128 MB memory limit, but I have noticed that you need at least 256 MB memory to work Elementor admin panel smoothly. Don’t misunderstand this with pages created using Elementor. The pages create using Elementor load fast without issue. The problem comes only when they edit in the admin panel.